GENERAL INFORMATION – SPRING 2020
Welcome to Keefe at Night! For a better understanding of our Spring 2020 schedule and procedures, please read the information that appears below.
Spring Semester Office Hours:
Starting on Monday, March 2: Monday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The office is closed on holidays and snow days. During school breaks, you can reach us Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Please see scheduled school closings and inclement weather information below.
Spring Semester Scheduled Keefe at Night School Closings:
April 2, 20-24 & 30
Registration/Age Requirement: With the exception of trip reservations, all students/participants must be at least 18 years old. The minimum age for trip participation is 12.
Tuition/Registration Payment: Payment in full is due at registration. Payment plans are available as noted in specific class descriptions. Registrations under payment plans must be processed in person.
There are 5 convenient ways to register and pay:
1. Online Registration: Visit www.keefeatnight.org and click on the “Registration” tab that appears on the menu bar at the top of the main page. From there click “Register” and click on “My Account.” If you don’t have an account, you can create a new one there as well.
2. Mail-in Registration: Using the registration form in this catalog, mail your registration with payment to: Keefe at Night, 750 Winter Street, Framingham, MA 01702. No cash please.
3. Telephone Registration: During office hours, please call us at 508-416-2170.
4. Walk-in Registration: Visit Keefe Tech’s Main Office during office hours. Please see above.
5. Fax: Using the registration form in this catalog, you may fax your registration to: 508-416-2231.
Gift Certificates: Gift certificates can be purchased online or in person at the Keefe Tech Main Office.
Forms of Payment: We accept American Express, MasterCard, Visa and Discover, checks, money orders, organization purchase orders, and cash (in person only). Please note: Refunds made to credit cards may take one week or longer to appear on your online statement. Refunds by check (for check or cash payments) may take up to three weeks to process.
Late Registration: Students may register for a class after the start date only with the approval of the instructor. There will be no discounts on the tuition.
Refund Policy for Courses and Trips
Cancellation for All Classes: If Keefe at Night cancels a course/trip, the full amount paid for the course/trip will be refunded.
1. 7 Days before start date: Full tuition refund, minus $10 cancellation fee.
2. 6 Days or less before start date: A course credit voucher will be issued for 50% of course tuition.
3. Withdrawal or absence from course on the day that it meets: No refund or credit voucher. You may, however, transfer your enrollment to a friend/relative.
4. No course credit vouchers or refunds will be issued after the start of class.
5. Trip registrations are transferable to other guests for the same trip only, but not refundable. No credit vouchers will be issued.
6. Withdrawal Refund Policy for Culinary Programs: An additional ingredients/supplies deduction of $25.00 will be made to credit vouchers for withdrawals less than 7 days prior to the class date.
Course credit vouchers are valid for one year from the date of issue.
Missed Classes in Certification/Licensing Programs:
Some programs require a set number of hours for successful completion. If you must miss more than one class, be sure to speak with your instructor as soon as you return. Please know that missed hours will be made up at a time when your instructor is available and there will be a fee of up to $50/hour with a three-hour minimum.
Certificates of Completion: Certificates of completion will be provided for professional development, licensing and certificate courses, or upon request. There will be a $5.00 processing fee for each lost or misplaced certificate.
Night of the Week & Time of Classes: Classes are in session Monday through Thursday evenings (with a few Fridays and Saturdays). Evenings and times are subject to change due to unexpected circumstances. However, every effort will be made to hold classes on the dates and times listed in the Catalog.
Change of Instructor or Class Space: Keefe at Night reserves the right to retain, assign or change instructors as necessary without contacting enrolled students. When necessary, we may also change the assigned classroom space.
Inclement Weather Cancellations: If Keefe Regional Technical School closes during the day, there will be no evening program. If the day program is in session and conditions prohibit safe travel in the evening, every effort will be made to contact all instructors and students by email and when necessary by phone. If in doubt, please call the Keefe at Night main phone number (508-416-2170) for a recorded message. An announcement will also be posted on our website (inclement weather tab on the menu bar) and our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/keefetechconted/. Like us on Facebook and you will receive immediate notification of closings on your Facebook page feed.
Textbooks/Class Supplies/Ingredients:Books: Unless otherwise noted, students will need to purchase their books on their own in advance of their first class. Please check course descriptions to confirm whether or not books are included. When needed, ISBN numbers are provided. Some descriptions will direct you to go online to get a full list of books. Keefe at Night does not operate an internal bookstore. Please visit your local bookstore or place your order online.
Class Supplies: Some arts and crafts courses require that students purchase supplies on their own. Please see the online course description for a full list of supplies.
Cooking Ingredients: Cooking ingredients fees are included in the cost of tuition.
Parking: Keefe at Night students can park in any legal spot even if it’s numbered.
Class Locations: Please check your confirmation receipts for your classroom room number/location.
All technical program spaces are located on the ground floor.
Classrooms in the 200’s are located on the main floor. Rooms in the 300’s are located on the 2nd floor.
If you are taking cooking classes, or fitness classes taking place in the auditorium, we recommend that you enter Keefe and park by the Fountain Street entrance (closest to Loring Arena).If your class takes place in the pool or gym, we recommend that you enter Keefe and park by the Winter Street entrance.
School Policies: All policies, rules and regulations pertaining to Keefe Regional Technical School regarding tobacco products, alcoholic beverages and firearms are also enforced at night. Keefe Tech is a smoke-free school. This includes the use of all tobacco products and e-cigarettes in the school building or on school grounds, by students, school personnel, instructors and visitors.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. You can reach us at 508-416-2170 or by email at: email@example.com. Thank you